14 Apr 2009

My World Tuesday - Easter in the country


This was my world over Easter. Our summer cottage is awakening to a new season for this year. All snow has just dissapeared and the grass is still yellow and dead but soon it'll be nice and green and the shrubs and climbers framing the house with lush green leaves as well as flower borders bursting with colour. So far only little snow drops and crocus had started to flower.


Views from my country walks. A couple of different barns.




This one acts a shelter for sheep if they need to get under a roof to shelter from the outside elements.


Walking in the woods


and along the shores


as well as across the fields


The boat people are also already out on the water

Join the fun and present your world to the world


Thanks for this meme to Klaus, Sandy, Ivar, Wren, Fishing Guy and Louise


If you are interested in what Helsinki is like then you are welcome to view my new blog Helsinki Daily

18 comments:

chrome3d said...

Kaunista pääsiäistunnelmointia. Vanhat ladot on niin hienoja.

Lanny said...

I really admire your summer cottage, it is a dear looking place. The other photos are as precious. The manger is my favorite for the artistic feel but capturing the birds so well in mid flight makes me really see their movement.

I like you music selections, Johnny Cash was playing first. I usually don't leave my speakers on when reading blogs. I'm glad it was accidentally on.

Deepa Gopal said...

Beautiful Pictures...I long to get to a country side to enjoy the view...
Thanks for making my day bright & warm:)

http://deepazworld.blogspot.com/

ninja said...

Nice photos, You can almost smell the nature.

About your comment - It must of been Friday and it was the Cross Road. I concentrated my post on secular customs mostly. There's much more Church stuff around Easter but I wouldn't the right guide on it.

Suffeli kuvailee said...

tosi kauniita kuvia! mukavaa viikkoa ;)

hpy said...

East or West of Helsinki, I cannot say, but your little cottage is not really small.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Tarolino: Finland is such a beautiful land with all you have to offer. Really neat nature photos.

Judy said...

Tarolino, your very welcome comment came through, so the connection must have been working. You have a lovely little cottage, and the gardens must be incredible, later in the summer! I bet the dogs all had a great time walking in the woods and along the shoreline! How many times did you have to wash the mud off them?
I like the photo of the birds in flight! The wings are all in different positions! Something you don't really get to see without photos!

Mojo said...

Wonderful collection! I especially love #3, #4 and #7. Fantastic!

Merisi said...

What a beautiful part of your country!

Tammie Lee said...

Wonderful world you have there!
Love your cottage~

VALKYRIEN said...

Nydelig! Så deilig det må ha vært å være på et slikt sted i påsken! Er veldig glad i å rusle i skogen selv, så det der var et utmerket sted for ei "hulder"! :)

George said...

What a beautiful place to spend Easter weekend. I'm glad to see that Spring is arising.

Louise said...

This is a beautiful place, and you have captured it excellently!

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful shots of your cottage and the area surrounding it!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely retreat! I hope you spend lots of time there so we can see lots of photos.

I like your bird pictures (above) also. Thanks for sharing your world.

marites said...

You have a very lovely retreat house. I would love to have one and see those birds around.

I just love your bird pictures in all their unguarded glories:)

Arija said...

Your country is so beautiful, as is your country cottage with birch woods near by.