12 Jan 2009

Mellow Yellow Monday N:o 1

What a pleasure to be participating in this great new meme from the very start. Of course it does present a small problem to me in the sense that I have no actual photos of yellow flowers from this year, and this blog is called Nature year 2009. Hense I should in all fairness not post old photos here. Therefore it wasn't all that straight forward to find something yellow in the middle of the winter here in the northern hemosphiere to post. However, I have managed to dig up some motives that will not go against the object of this meme too badly.

So here it goes...

Photobucket
Two yellow signs and some other yellow bits and pieces too can be found at my local shopping mall.

Photobucket
Reeds against the setting sun. Perhaps more gold than yellow but there is a small yellow area around the sun in the background.

Photobucket
And lastly I do actually have two yellow plant pots on my window sill.

Now I shall enjoy exploring other MYM postings and if any of my readers are interested to see what it's all about I highly recommend visiting the following site:

17 comments:

Wiltteri said...

Hienoja kuviahan täältä löytyy! Minulla itselläni on ollut järkkäri käytössä tuosta loka-marraskuusta(2008) ja edelleen opettelen kuvaamista! Onnea meille ja uusille kuvillemme! ;)

-wiltteri-

Anonymous said...

Jahas, taas yksi uusi haastejuttu ja aika kiva sellainen :). Voisihan sitä vähän käydä tiedostoissa vilkaisemassa, olisko mitään keltaista. Hyvin olet löytänyt ihan uuttakin keltaista kuvattavaa.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots. I love the touches of yellow in them and I really like the shadows and light in the last shot.

And yes, that was a yello orchid.
:-)

Gemma Wiseman said...

These are all such lovely shots that it is hard to choose a favourite! Butg I have finally decided I like the first photo best because the lighting effects on the snow outside the mall beautifully contrast with the colours of the mall!

Nana said...

Aivan ihanan näköinen tuo ikkunalautasi kukkineen!

Teena in Toronto said...

Nice bright pix!

I played too :)

Unknown said...

The first is everyday reality, right? The other two are just lovely. Thank you for sharing these.

Anonymous said...

love the yellow sunset, it is pretty!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Wonderful!!!

Is this a customized Black Minima template??
I was just at your other blog too.

The large photos you have are so vibrant. This post is really easy on the eyes ... well done!

threesidesofcrazy said...

You did great at finding yellow. I love the 'hidden' golden arches.

MYM said...

These are amazing photos! Thanks for joining in the mellow yellow fun :)

I love your window sill plants ... my cats like to knock mine over!

Tina said...

the sunset picture is absolutely gorgeous. like your plant pot window sill too

thanks for stopping by my MYM :)

bass said...

I love the sun photo, its very amazing how it emanates its yellow-ness. Happy Yellow-ing!

Dianne said...

your photography is stunning! the reeds shot is amazing, the light is magic

The Chatty Barista said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos! I love the one with the reeds! Great job!

bobbie said...

all wonderful photos! That yellow sun is so very beautiful!

Sharon said...

Your photos are beautiful and they all have such feeling in them.
Love them all!